Recipes

Pumpkin Spice Protein Popcorn Recipe

3:44 PM

Fall is finally here, and that means pumpkin spice everywhere! I am definitely a pumpkin spice lover but this year I'm looking for healthier, yet still yummy recipes. A couple years ago I had this crazy idea of wanting to add protein powder to my popcorn. It wasn't until yesterday that I actually did it! Now, that my oldest is in full-time school and his days are long, I started coming up with some great protein recipes for after school snacks and since he is super picky I needed something he would love. Better yet, the whole family would love.

Introducing...Pumpkin Spice Protein Popcorn!




Yes, that's right! Popcorn+Protein+Pumpkin Spice = Heaven in your mouth!
 It only takes a couple minutes to make and you can bag it up to take with you to the movies, stash some in your purse for a quick healthy snack, or enjoy a huge bowl with your family.



We love to make homemade popcorn and we love it even more in the colder months. We use an air-popper. I like it because the kids can use it themselves while I supervise. You can also pop it on the stove with some coconut oil...YUM!

I make about a 1/2 cup - 3/4 cup of popcorn (before it's popped). While that's popping I start melting white chocolate, pumpkin spice, coconut oil, and vanilla protein powder in a double broiler.


Once that is melted I spread the popcorn on a baking sheet and drizzle the chocolate mixture over the popcorn. Then I'll stick it in the freezer for about 5-10 minutes so the chocolate hardens.




Doesn't this look so delicious?!





 Break up the popcorn and ENJOY!





Pumpkin Spice Protein Popcorn
1/2-3/4 cup (before popped) Popcorn
1/2 cup White Chocolate Chips
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/8 tsp Cinnamon
1 Tbs Coconut Oil

Pop the popcorn. While it's popping melt the white chocolate chips, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, coconut oil and Shaklee vanilla energizing shake in a double broiler. Spread the popcorn on a baking sheet and drizzle the chocolate mix over the popcorn. Place in freezer for 5-10 minutes until chocolate has hardened. Break up the popcorn and ENJOY!


Sign up for your personalized HealthPrint today!

What is your favorite way to use pumpkin spice?

Let me know in the comments below!

XO Sarah 







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook