It was Chris' Birthday yesterday. Like many adults, he had to work.
I woke up at 5:15am with him and made him cinnamon rolls for breakfast.
Evan and I surprised him with a cupcake at lunch time from a place he's been wanting to try. I would tell you where we got it from but the cupcakes where terrible :(
When he went back to work, I stole his car and cleaned the inside and got it washed. I tied balloons around the side mirrors and made a sign in the window.
Evan waiting for Daddy to get off of work.
Here's Chris walking to his car.
Happy because his car is nice and clean. Knowing him it's probably already messy ;)
When we got home, we played outside and ate watermelon. It was sooo beautiful out!
This is the shirt I got him for his birthday. Sons of Anarchy is one of his favorite shows. It's definitely not mine.
We met up with my parents for dinner at Marzono's. The service was awful! We waited 20min before our server showed up. She would take our drink orders twice before we would get them. It was just super slooooooow. Plus, there were only 4 tables being used! No Excuses!
On the way home we spotted 4 Bucks! We always see deer but bucks are rare! And we saw 4 together! It must have been boys night out! LOL
I only got 3 in the pictures.
Birthday and Bucks,
Today is my Husband's 28th Birthday!
My Birthday was 10 days ago and I completely forgot I took pictures! We celebrated on the 12th and Mother's Day was the day after.
We kicked off Friday night by going to the drive-in. It's the first time with our new van and it was a blast!
We put a mattress in the back so it was super comfy!!
We packed the van with goodies and tons of candy! Evan had fun playing with his ball in front of the screen.
Saturday night we celebrated my birthday at one of our favorite restaurants, Johnny's Chophouse in Antioch.
See the little baby bump?!
(Note to self: Get rid of the grey sweater it makes you look 3x larger!)
I've been craving these lamb chops for months! They make the best and I can never finish!
For Mother's Day we hung out at my parent's lake house. Evan likes to throw pebbles in the water and watch us reel in the fish. They have the best fishing spot right in front of their house...it's awesome!
The boys are always giving gifts to the lake. ;)
For example: lawn chairs, sunglasses, ipod, cell phone, fishing poles, a towel, part of the pier, and I'm sure more.
Here is Chris and my Dad fishing for a lawn chair that's been in the water for a couple of weeks.
Then we played with some bubbles.
Evan got to "ride" his bike. So cute!
Then, we relaxed while my mom made an amazing dinner like usual. It was a great end to a fun weekend!
The next day was my birthday and I spent it with Evan and my mom shopping. I bought a few things for my bedroom. I bought a pair of gorgeous lamps! I'll post pics of my bedroom real soon!
HAPPY DAYS TO YOU ALL!!!
Since the weather has been beautiful here in Illinois for the past few days, I've been craving my favorite Hawaiian Fruit Salad my mom makes in the summer. It's simple and refreshing, oh and filling!
Now, my mom is the best cook EVER! :)
She's never made a bad meal. Everyone gathers at her house on holiday's for the food and I go to her house every weekend for.the.food. haha
Hawaiian Fruit Salad
1-1 1/2 cups regular or light sour cream
1-2 cups small marshmallows
1 cup coconut
1 cup sliced strawberries
1 cup sliced banana
1 cup halved green grapes
1 cup mandarin oranges
1 cup pineapple chunks
Mix all together in a bowl and chill.
You can add more sour cream and marshmallows if you would like, I eye ball it.
If you try this recipe let me know how you like it!
If you change it up let me know so I can try it!
Cleaning a car seat NATURALLY using Shaklee's Basic H & G
The other morning I had to run a few items to the Park District Office because we had our recital this past weekend. BTW it went really really well! I'm so proud of my Dancers!!
On the way home, Evan started coughing and then........BLAH!
Evan had puked all over himself and the car seat!
I pulled over, striped him down to his t-shirt and diaper. Wiped the car seat as best as I could and put him back in it. The smell was nauseating! Especially being pregnant with a heightened sense of smell.
I wish I could say this was the first time this has happened but no.
My car seat was due for a good cleaning so this forced me to actually do it hahaha!
I hate cleaning the car seat because there is so many pieces and it takes me forever to figure out how it goes back together.
The disgusting before picture:
The disgusting before picture:
Here are the steps I took to clean the car seat naturally:
- Rub concentrated Basic H over any stains.
- Remove all fabric pieces from car seat.
- Use HOT water in washing machine. Add 1/4 tsp. of Basic H and 1/2 tsp. of Basic G. ***Do NOT wash the car seat straps in the washing machine. It will wash off the fire retardant.***
- Mean while, spray Basic G all over the car seat and straps and wipe clean. Mix 3/8 tsp. of Basic G to 16 oz. of water in a spray bottle.
- After the fabric has been washed, let them air dry or toss them in the dryer.
- Reassemble the car seat!
The AMAZING After picture:
It looks new!!! Plus, it has no smell at all!!
I have used other brands of detergant, even home-made, and they wouldn't get all the stains out. But, this worked and I'm sooo excited!!
Why I LOVE Basic G:
- SAFE for children and sensitive adults.
- Nontoxic and does not pollute.
- Leaves no harmful residue.
- Easy on my wallet. A 32 oz. bottle of Basic G make 64 GALLONS at a price of $0.27/gallon!!
- Outperforms many leading national brands.
- Does what it says it will do.
Facts about Basic G:
- Basic-G Germicide is a super concentrate.
- The proper dilution for Basic-G when using a spray unit is ALWAYS three-eights teaspoon Basic-G Concentrate in 16 oz. water.
- When diluted in a 16 oz. spray unit, Basic-G makes a volume equal to approximately 6.6 twelve oz. bottles of Lysol.
- It is effective against more than 40 bacteria, fungi, and viruses, including: Salmonella, E-coli, Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), Strep pathogens, Herpes simplex types I & II, HIV-1 (AIDS virus), Influenza-A/Hong Kong, Athletes Foot, Feline leukemia, Canine distemper, Rabies, and more. Basic-G is neutral pH, gentle to human skin, Kosher, EPA registered and environmentally friendly.
- At this dilution for a spray unit and in appropriate dilutions for increasing amounts of water, Basic-G is SAFE to use around children, pets, those with compromised immune systems, breathing difficulties and airway issues. It will look like plain water, have a barely perceptible scent, but it is powerful!
Become a Shaklee Member for FREE in the month of May!
Shaklee Members receive 15% off all the time!
Visit my Website HERE!