Cleaning

How to clean a car seat NATURALLY!

11:58 AM

Cleaning a car seat NATURALLY using Shaklee's Basic H & G

The other morning I had to run a few items to the Park District Office because we had our recital this past weekend. BTW it went really really well! I'm so proud of my Dancers!!

On the way home, Evan started coughing and then........BLAH!
Evan had puked all over himself and the car seat!

I pulled over, striped him down to his t-shirt and diaper. Wiped the car seat as best as I could and put him back in it. The smell was nauseating! Especially being pregnant with a heightened sense of smell.

I wish I could say this was the first time this has happened but no.

My car seat was due for a good cleaning so this forced me to actually do it hahaha!
I hate cleaning the car seat because there is so many pieces and it takes me forever to figure out how it goes back together.

The disgusting before picture:
Another Before:


Here are the steps I took to clean the car seat naturally:

  1. Rub concentrated Basic H over any stains.
  2. Remove all fabric pieces from car seat.
  3. Use HOT water in washing machine. Add 1/4 tsp. of Basic H and 1/2 tsp. of Basic G.       ***Do NOT wash the car seat straps in the washing machine. It will wash off the fire retardant.***  
  4. Mean while, spray Basic G all over the car seat and straps and wipe clean. Mix 3/8 tsp. of Basic G to 16 oz. of water in a spray bottle.                                    
  5. After the fabric has been washed, let them air dry or toss them in the dryer.
  6. Reassemble the car seat!
The AMAZING After picture:



It looks new!!! Plus, it has no smell at all!!

I have used other brands of detergant, even home-made, and they wouldn't get all the stains out. But, this worked and I'm sooo excited!!

Why I LOVE Basic G:
  1. SAFE for children and sensitive adults.
  2. Nontoxic and does not pollute.
  3. Leaves no harmful residue.
  4. Biodegradable
  5. Easy on my wallet. A 32 oz. bottle of Basic G make 64 GALLONS at a price of $0.27/gallon!!
  6. Outperforms many leading national brands.
  7. Does what it says it will do.

Facts about Basic G:



  • Basic-G Germicide is a super concentrate.
  • The proper dilution for Basic-G when using a spray unit is ALWAYS three-eights teaspoon Basic-G Concentrate in 16 oz. water.
  • When diluted in a 16 oz. spray unit, Basic-G makes a volume equal to approximately 6.6 twelve oz. bottles of Lysol.
  • It is effective against more than 40 bacteria, fungi, and viruses, including: Salmonella, E-coli, Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), Strep pathogens, Herpes simplex types I & II, HIV-1 (AIDS virus), Influenza-A/Hong Kong, Athletes Foot, Feline leukemia, Canine distemper, Rabies, and more. Basic-G is neutral pH, gentle to human skin, Kosher, EPA registered and environmentally friendly.
  • At this dilution for a spray unit and in appropriate dilutions for increasing amounts of water, Basic-G is SAFE to use around children, pets, those with compromised immune systems, breathing difficulties and airway issues. It will look like plain water, have a barely perceptible scent, but it is powerful!

Become a Shaklee Member for FREE in the month of May!

Shaklee Members receive 15% off all the time!

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner










You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook